4G/5G System Test Engineer
We are looking for a 4G/5G System Test engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and System Test.
Local candidates is a MUST and they might be required to visit office to adjust set-up once in a while or as required. They will train for the first 2 weeks working from home.
Nice to Haves:
- 4G/5G test experience in lab environment
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting issues
- Good understanding of PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Experience with test tools including XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark or similar ones
- Familiar with product validation, feature validation, and performance analysis
- Good Linux knowledge
- Good networking knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Virtualization knowledge
Bachelor’s Degree in EE or Telecommunication is required
Years of Experience:
7-10 years of experience preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for product validation, feature validation, systems, and performance analysis for LTE/5G RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G/5G Wireless Protocols
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams to achieve successful new product rollouts and developments.
- Technical Acumen
- Validation expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
- Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Testing experience in lab environment is a must.
- Experience in EMS systems, configuring network elements, software upgrades, etc.
- Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, test strategy creation and problem troubleshooting.
- Good understanding on LTE/5G concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
- Strong knowledge in 4G/5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 10+ years’ experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE or Telecommunication is required
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales, and simultaneous performance objectives.
- Work independently in determining one’s personal work schedule to be productive.
- Work in a team environment, to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames.
- Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems.
- Proven ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations.
- Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations.
- Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges, and project management deadlines.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area.
- May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.