Infra Strategy & Planning Manager
Ridgefield Park, NJ
This role requires experience planning, scheduling, and budgeting for site assessments and builds, data center design, physical security implementation, import/export, HW deployment, network build, and expansion planning. We expect the candidate to drive innovation into our Wavelength programs to reduce cost, improve efficiencies and deliver at scale. You will also aggregate and perform knowledge management functions over technical design constraints, delivery schedules, cost drivers, and service level agreement (SLA) definitions to inform our stakeholders. You will assess risks, anticipate issues, overcome technical obstacles, make difficult trade-off decisions, and balance business needs and technical constraints.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong execution skills, leading or coordinating teams across all phases of the infrastructure deployment, including planning, budgeting, site assessment and selection, design, installation, networking, operations, and monitoring, communicating delivery schedules, assessing risks, defining and monitoring KPIs, and aligning plans with stakeholders. You will be expected to know, learn and act as a technical leader for all aspects of our design and delivery phases including design/construction/operations, network design/build/operations, HW procurement/supply chain, capacity planning, and Wavelength service offerings. You will be expected to be proficient in all technical aspects relating to data center design and installation, cloud, and networking.
As part of the Infra Strategy and Planning new products team you will frequently be on the forefront of implementing new infra technical solutions and product lines, plan holistically, and operate independently.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Data Center design, engineering and operations principles, and commercial models around Data Center capacity procurement
- 5+ years experience in a cross-functional business strategy role
- 3+ years experience in data center design, development, or procurement
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Hands-on experience in an engineering role (e.g., Electrical/Mechanical Engineer, SW developer, NW engineer, Systems Engineer)
- Experience negotiating contracts with telecommunications providers
- Demonstrated ability to develop a business case for new features or geographic expansions
- Familiarity with the product management lifecycle: gathering requirements/customer inputs, design, engineering, implementation, and optimization.
- Proven experience in prioritizing and managing large scale enterprise projects using project management tools
- Demonstrated experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations.
- Can independently identify downstream programmatic and technical risks/opportunities (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability) and escalate them to the appropriate tech resource before they become project threatening.
- Experience influencing executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master new technical subject-matter
- Experience creating and managing profit and loss (P&L) statements.
- Experience building short and long-range plans of record inclusive of schedule and budget.
- Excellent writing ability
- Experience working with international teams