Plano, TX (on-site)
Warehousing Procurement Specialist
The Warehousing Procurement Specialist is responsible for analyzing costs, negotiating contract details, and offering strategies and solutions to help companies better manage costs on logistics supplies and vendor services. The position includes resolving issues concerning price disputes and making bids for a vendor’s product/services.
Logistics vendors and suppliers also include, but not limited to staffing companies, pallet vendors, MHE providers, janitorial suppliers, IT equipment providers, security companies, real estate agents, general contractors and even 3PLs to support warehouse operations.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing costs, developing relationships with vendors and suppliers, and offering suggestions for where and how much logistics material and supplies to buy.
- Negotiating price, quantity, terms, and conditions for contract renewals, placing bids to obtain the business of new vendors, discussing pricing, and monitoring all aspects of the terms of a contract.
- Communicating warehouse stakeholders to identify specific needs in procuring supplies and/or implementing new services.
- Administering company’s internal procurement system during the sourcing process.
- Evaluating suppliers’ quotes and compiling a detailed assessment of cost element breakdowns.
- Resolving pricing conflicts and placing bids with different vendors as required
- Working with legal team to ensure all conditions regarding the business are met in the contract.
- Maintaining quote comparison with financial simulation and reporting the data for the management’s final vendor selection.
- Implementing cost-saving initiatives in procuring logistics services.
- Bachelor’s Degree +
- 3+ years of experience as a logistics operation or procurement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel for handling quotation/cost analysis.
- Outstanding knowledge of facility/warehouse management/procurement.
- Problem solving and negotiating skills for negotiation.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.