Warehouse Outbound Supervisor
1st Shift (7am – 4pm)
Responsible for Supervising the shipping functions of all outgoing products from the warehouse. Leads and controls activities of company warehouse personnel. Front line supervision is an extremely important function for the company, positive interaction with the employees is critical as this ensures getting work out on time, efficiently, and accurately. Ensures shipping and distribution are performed in an efficient manner. Takes precautions to protect warehouse contents against loss. Retains and reviews warehouse documents and reports. Conducts Warehouse operations in accordance with established procedures and policies and keeps management informed of Warehouse activities. Completes miscellaneous support functions and supports area personnel as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience
- Plans daily workload for outbound operations teams (Picking, Packing, Shipping and Invoicing)
- Communicates daily work plan to outbound team and shares daily objectives to reinforce individual associate goals
- Maintains oversight of actual hours consumed for outbound activities against budgeted hours for outbound operations
- Responsible to maintain receiving (including return process), distributing, and controlling inventory operations by initiating (setup at new warehouses), coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Communicate directly with management to resolve conflicts in a timely manner while still maintaining the customer requirement(s).
- Communicate directly with the customer regarding special projects, weekly shipping rhythms and inbound receiving with a focus on model types with low inventory that could impact overall outbound processing
- Reviews current or future trends that could indicate a possible gap for the inbound / outbound operations and make recommendation(s) for staff planning based on research data
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Analyze and keep improving Productivity of warehouses and employees in the warehouse
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- Flexible to work overtime when needed
- Manage IT in Bethel / Jonestown PA warehouse location.
- Must have experience working with warehouse systems (Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Must have five (5) years’ experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role
- Must be proficient in at least three of the following Microsoft Suite applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
- IT experience is a plus.
- Has keen knowledge of network, computer systems.
- Experience working in a challenging environment
- Experience leading a team by inspiring the team to achieve above standard goal
- Proven background in creating, executing and reviewing plans for successful operations