Top 3 must-have skills/requirements:
•Perform spend and market analytics to build an understanding of category strategy and supplier markets
•Perform complex data analysis to identify new sourcing and other cost optimization opportunities in order to generate cost savings for categories managed
•Categorize suppliers to ensure the right contract, metrics, and relationships are in place
A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree or industry recognized certification highly preferred
Years of experience: 7+ years
Additional notes: We're looking for local candidates only! Position will be remote for now; reporting on site once WFH mandate is lifted - please source accordingly! Possibility of extension beyond 3 months (if competent)!
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drive analytics in support of strategic sourcing projects from start-to-finish, including supplier spend analysis, supplier research, category/market research, market index analysis, cost baseline development, RFx development, bid management, negotiations, offer analysis and scenario development;
• Perform spend and market analytics to build an understanding of category strategy and supplier markets;
• Employ analytical rigor and technical expertise to improve decision-making;
• Collaborate with business stakeholders at all levels of the organization to achieve savings targets, track and improve supplier performance, minimize risk, and maximize supplier collaboration and innovation;
• Perform complex data analysis to identify new sourcing and other cost optimization opportunities in order to generate cost savings for categories managed;
• Categorize suppliers to ensure the right contract, metrics, and relationships are in place;
• Communicate and monitor compliance to purchasing policies and provide a point of escalation for the business for supplier issues.
Background / Experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree or industry recognized certification highly preferred;
• 7 years purchasing experience (or equivalent) in a Category Management, Strategic Sourcing and/or supplier management role;
• Exposure to strategic supplier management practices;
• Proven collaborator with the ability to work with all levels and functions;
• Knowledge and understanding of multi-step Category Management, and/or Strategic Sourcing processes;
• Managing projects and the ability to assess impact of a given project: planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple complex assignments and projects;
• Strong multi-tasking skills along with excellent analytical, negotiation, written and oral communication skills;
• Must have a data driven approach to solving problems, demonstrating an ability of being highly organized, extremely detail oriented with strong leadership skills;
• Must be a strong team player and demonstrate adept interpersonal and excellent collaborative skills in order to maintaining excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company;
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep high level of focus; and
• This position demands a high degree of ethics and professionalism to ensure control of the company’s expenditures
• In-depth use and knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Access, and SAP a plus
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
Ability to work cooperatively and build strong relationships with peers and senior leadership locally and globally; sharing ideas and developing effective business processes in support of the company mission. Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, creating effective business partnerships. Polished interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines in a collaborative and matrixed environment. Demonstrated character traits of trustworthiness, open communication, empathy and a win-win orientation. Ability to build rapport and engagement through effective communication and interpersonal skills. A positive attitude with the ability to deliver excellent customer experience and satisfaction. A strong background in Procurement with indirect category/ supplier spend management preferred.
Physical / Mental Demands & Conditions Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA