Top Three Skills:
2. 5G protocol knowledge
3. Qualcomm tools knowledge
They must be aware of testing and collecting the logs and also aware of call flows and log analysis. For our team, we expect them to be aware LTE related call flows and log analysis.
Educations: Bachelors or higher
The main function of Device protocol test engineer is execute LTE/5G - 3GPP, IOT/LC Test Plans and perform 1st level analysis of issues.
- Responsible for analyzing the NA carrier Test Plans/Requirements, Test execution of LTE/5G - 3GPP/ Carrier defined IOT/LC Test Plans and 1st level analysis of issues.
- Responsible for collecting device/TE logs, perform 1st level analysis of issues found during testing.
- Raise bugs (PLMs) and validate fixes.
- Send test Results and test status reports.
- Strong knowledge in 4G /5G air interface protocols is required (VoLTE/CS call processing, Attach/Detach, Cell selection/reselection and handovers)
- Strong knowledge on QCOM log analysis tools: QXDM and QCAT is required.
- Good Knowledge of LTE/5G - 3GPP specifications and North American carrier requirements is a plus.
- Good knowledge in Advanced LTE features including but not limited to 4*4 MIMO, CBRS, LAA, Carrier Aggregation & MIMO is required.
- Familiarity with 5G protocols is a plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- 4+ years’ experience working on Qualcomm/LSI chipset based mobile devices is required.
- Experience in test execution and log analysis of 4G/5G - 3GPP protocol test plans or LTE Inter-Operability testing of mobile devices is required.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA