Specific responsibilities include:
• Conduct new product evaluation processes and testing efforts for continuous improvement in product and service quality.
• Leverage real world experience and knowledge to provide strong recommendations and assist in the design of product improvements.
• Analyze, evaluate and test various Home Appliance Product Categories top symptoms and issues that drive high Redo, identify root cause and corrective actions with internal teams, HQ and Factories.
Background & Competencies Required:
• Strong technical background and design experience with home kitchen appliances (5-10 years).
• Understanding manufacturing, engineering and design.
• Experience with in home appliance service.
• Experience with engineering analysis, root cause determination and troubleshooting.
• The ability to understand significant knowledge of home appliance products as well as the service aspects of the consumer product industry
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts including customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc.
• Work under little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
• The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving highly diverse conditions requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned things.
• The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple assignments and projects. The ability to read, write, follow detailed technical instructions and interpret engineering specifications, materials or related documents.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field or 5-10 years of home appliance service experience (not an absolute must-have)
This position will primarily focus on: Service quality related Engineering – create service content (design) for field technicians; root cause analysis – identify quality issues and corrective actions in HA product categories.
Not looking for heavy engineering b/g; looking for candidates w/ HA service industry experience; identifying causes of failure, symptoms, and resolutions Must be a subject matter expert for HA products (will work on product categories: dishwashers, vacuume cleaners). Looking for technical expertise w/ engineering b/g – having faced customers in the home; technician focus for service industry or support role.
Field work/travel required on occasions to perform root cause analysis (local); domestic travel for escalations on site (occasional) – once travel is permitted Open to other electromechanical product backgrounds, more along the lines of HVAC. Looking for primarily HA experience.
Top 3 must-haves:
• 5-10 years of HA experience w/ in-home service experience & engineering b/g
• Strong communication and writing skills; looking for someone that is eager to learn and tenacious, able to drive their own process – able to communicate ideas and resolutions effectively
• Proficient w/ excel, PPT
• Root case analysis and ability to propose corrective actions
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA