You will work in an agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain global cloud infrastructure responsible for collecting, processing and distributing data from Samsung Smart TVs powering a variety of products, from revenue generating, like advertisement and analytics, to improving TV viewing experience through content recommendation and context awareness. The successful candidate must demonstrate mastery of AWS Products, high availability systems, good communication and coordination skills to interface with remote teams.
The job responsibilities include:
• Primary production support for data ETL jobs which are near real-time within the Large Data warehouse applications.
• Support and maintain processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of Core Data platform and applications.
• Troubleshoot and analyze complex production problems related to data, VMs and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery.
• Drive and participate in postmortems to avoiding repeated incidents.
• Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues;
• Monitoring and troubleshooting of multi-environmental systems;
• Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contribute to their overall design;
• Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment;
• Training and preparation of concise training materials.
• B.S. or above, in Computer Science or a related field is preferred;
• At least 5 years of professional experience as an Engineer, able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the cloud services like AWS and databases;
• At least 2+ years of experience in database management with complex SQL queries;
• At least 1+ years of experience in design, deploy and maintain cloud infrastructure based on Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience supporting mission critical production applications;
• Experience with building, deploying and scaling out SaaS/Cloud applications on Amazon Web Services using the various services provided by AWS;
• Experience with continuous integration using Jenkins, log collection, and analysis, version control systems like GitHub or Stash (BitBucket);
• Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation etc.,
• Expert in at least one of these languages - Shell, Python, GoLang;
• Knowledge on different deployment strategies like blue-green deployment;
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations for highly available applications;
• Ability to automate AWS deployments and train others;
• Experience with Database Administration, schema design, query analysis, performance tuning, and optimization is a plus.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA