- Work Location: 12100 Samsung Blvd. Austin, TX 78754 (Onsite work required from the start)
Samsung SDSA is searching for an experienced Sr. Network Operations Engineer to support critical production systems (including: Nexus/VxLAN expansion and support, F5 Load balancer configuration and support, PAN and ASA firewall migrations and support, etc), provide proof of concept lab validations, perform in depth packet analysis, validate peer release plans, generate technical and admin reports, mentor Jr. Engineers, provide off-hours support as needed.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting to resolve complex issues in a timely manner for critical service restoration.
- Expected to respond after hours for service restoration, troubleshooting and/or repair of all necessary equipment. Will participate in a reduced on-call rotation and expected to provide last level of escalation for other engineers.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all networking equipment, including software upgrade, equipment upgrades, and assist with such maintenance.
- Work with
- Lab test and validation of new hardware, solutions, and workarounds.
- Must adhere to standard operating procedures and check lists.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communications skills at all organizations levels.
- Conform to corporate change-control and security policies.
- Maintain documentation for all network systems (LAN/Data center/ Wireless/firewalls/load balancers, etc).
- Document projects including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with the highest level of quality, on time and within budget.
- Ability to work well within a team, provide technical guidance/mentor other team members, and network documentation proficiency.
- Work independently with minimal guidance on complex issues and projects, and provide release plan peer verification.
- This position will not work on cloud related technologies.
- Current CCNP R&S or Data Center certification (2x preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in operations roles supporting critical systems.
- Strong experience troubleshooting L1-L4 issues, Spine-and-Leaf architectures, underlay/overlay, VxLAN EVPN Fabric.
- Hands on operations and advanced support experience with Catalyst Switches, Palo Alto and ASA firewalls, F5 load balancers, SSL certificates, packet capture and analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of EIGRP, STP, BGP, VPC, mLACP, MLag,VRF,IPv4 subnetting, VSS, IGMP, PIM, Anycast-RP, MSDP, 802.1x, TACACS+, SYSLOG, Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco EVPN.
- Strong sense of responsibility and be aggressive to finish mission.
- Must live within 1 hour from Samsung Austin Semiconductor in Austin, TX
- CCIE certification in Routing & Switching or Data Center.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 15 years of Network Engineering in Design/Support roles with the technologies mentioned above.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux and the ability to script in Python, Ansible or other code base preferred. Splunk.