If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Wireless Networks team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology & products. The dynamic culture at the company offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, this company is the place to be.
We are looking for a TAC Engineer to join our Wireless Networks team. You will be a key contributor being technical interface to customer market teams. You will have your finger on the pulse of the entire customer network. You will monitor the network health, make improvement recommendations and repair the network. You will represent the company when leading network outage discussions in a multi-vendor environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide in-depth technical analysis, check network connectivity, and support customer as needed
• Knowledgeable on 3G 3GPP2, 4G, or 5G 3GPP technologies
• Ensure the latest ticket status ticket status is provided to the customers
• Be able to proactively perform data audit, SW/FW audit, and health check of the OSS if needed
• Be able to collect logs and perform log analysis for discussions with Tier3 and HQ on various issues
• Reduce the number of tickets escalated from TAC to Tier 2 to Tier 3 to HQ
• Strong on customer support as well as data analysis of logs, etc.
• Must be able to drive for issue resolution with other Engineering teams
• Provide 24X7 support as needed for commercial Network outages and network performance issues. Also provide technical reviews and provide support to customers as needed
• Experience with wireless network architecture, protocols, RF optimization and standards
• Develop Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on outages or market performance issues
• Continually analyze and improve existing support processes to improve resolution time and customer satisfaction
• Ensure high severity issues (sev1 & sev2) are resolved to meet the agreed SLA requirements
• Able to manage the Sev1/Sev2 outage processes to ensure internal teams join the outage bridge quickly and resolve the customer issue within SLA
• Trouble tickets should be updated weekly
• Trouble tickets should be closed within SLA time
• TAC should resolve 75% of the issues without going to a higher level support
Education, Work experience and necessary Skills & Attributes:
• Associates Degree with 5 years telecom experience or BS EE or CS required
• Good knowledge of wireless network architecture concepts especially in RAN domain
• Good knowledge of trouble ticket and knowledge management systems
• Good customer support experience
• Good analytical skills to investigate and evaluate trending data for issue resolution
Necessary Skills and attributes:
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining your personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others. Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. Make professional technical sales presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements. Develop accurate proposals and designs to meet customer needs.
• Must be able to work under pressure and willing to work 24x7 schedules and/or on-call environment.
• Work generally is performed in an office and/or lab environment – may need to travel 0 to 10%
• Operate PC and product test equipment more than 75% of work time.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA