- Retail Buying experience - preferably at corporate level.
- Ecommerce and Big Box.
- Very strong microsoft office and excel/ reporting and working with large sets of data (uploading item files in store level - about thousand rows of data and may increase).
- Excel (proficient) - please screen candidates on building macros, pivot tables, vlook up etc.
- Powerpoint - to present data and be able to communicate the action points from Data.
- Working with broad cross-functional team - supply chain, finance, marketing, and product. Strong history to get things done!
- Leading and developing teams.
Nice to have:
- Wireless or telecom, consumer electronic experience.
- Previous replenishment experience.
Education: Min. Bachelors.
Years: Min. 6 years of experience.
Additional: local candidates ONLY - will work remote locally until WFH is lifted. Hours: 8-5pm. 3 months duration will likely be extended 3 months at a time.
Specific responsibilities include for Buyer role:
• The Direct to Consumer (DTC) Buyer will play a critical role in the overall success of our stores and long term growth
• Leading the development and implementation of total assortment strategy across stores
• Proactively establish strong relationships, and conduct weekly meetings, with all internal product teams for product launch plans and new DTC test initiatives
• Work with Demand Planning and Supply Chain Management teams daily to ensure inventory alignment and execution of overall DTC merchandising strategy
• Proactively partner with companies counterparts to deliver seamless consolidated DTC merchandising and promotional strategies
• Regularly contribute to, build, and present extensive performance reporting to Executive team
• Work directly with Visual Merchandise Manager to align in store assortment strategy with visual plan to ultimately maximize sales and customer experience
• Ability to organize, synthesize and make recommendations from large amounts of raw data
• Travel to DTC stores as needed
• Extensive understanding of market and competitor dynamics to inform strategies
• Lead and develop Merchandise Analyst direct report
Background & Competencies Required for Buyer:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university. MBA preferred
• 6-10 years of experience in large big box, specialty and/or .com retail buying
• Experience working with stakeholders across varying levels of a matrixed organization
• Mobile industry or consumer electronics retail experience strongly preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills able to regularly interact with VP and above audience with minimal oversight or support
• Self-starter, able to add value without specific direction
• Objectively able to look at available information and make recommendations
• Positive attitude and ability to adjust as changes occur
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and deliver completed projects through multiple large cross functional support teams
• Expert Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills a must
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA