System Administrator Position is responsible for Horizon view 7 VDI Infrastructure and Vmware ESXI Infrastructure. This position requires the System Administrator to provide end user VDI support and troubleshooting, Server Management and troubleshooting, Patch Management, End user VDI Desktops management, provisioning, and troubleshooting, as well as, monitoring. The system administrator will be responsible for the highest levels of up-time possible and respond to system alerts and issues quickly, ensuring that operating systems, equipment, and user environments are at production levels at all times.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a System administrator and End User Computing Specialist.
- Experience in Planning, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Horizon View and Vmware environments.
- Experience with Horizon View Connection servers and UAG.
- Experience with Vcenter
- Experience with Windows Server 2012,2016,2019, and windows desktops.
- Scripting Knowledge of PowerCLi and Powershell.
- Ability to troubleshoot at an advanced and high level of end to end virtualized environments.
- Ability to use and implement monitoring tools, patch tools, and application management tools
- Experience with IDRAC
- Recommend Upgrade, refresh, and improvements to VDI infrastructure.
- Strong Networking Skills.
- Knowledge of instant clones and APP Volumes is a plus.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Server is a plus.
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and MSSQL is a plus.
- Strong Communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of change management process.
- Install and Configure ESXI servers.
- Provision and configure servers in a vmware environment
- Provision and Configure end user VDI desktops
- Manage and maintain Horizon View Desktop pools, application pools, and entitlements.
- End to end support and troubleshooting of virtualized environments.
- Work with business clients to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes, and workflow.
- Maintain and develop documentation
- Recommend, Design, and plan upgrades and improvements.
- Patch Management
- Monitor systems and respond to alerts quickly.
- Report system issues quickly.
- 24x7 on call support.