Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others)
As part of the RAN Commissioning team, C&I Engineer IV / Lead SME will provide support to multi-functional team of R&D, Program Management, RF Engineering, and Field Technicians to fulfill multi-technology wireless network Deployment across customer markets.
• Support all escalated issues from the C&I II team to resolution.
• Responsible for successful Commissioning of RAN equipment by auditing all newly commissioned sites.
• Work and assist other Engineering teams with remote commissioning of LTE RAN equipment.
• Ability to create scripts and/or modify existing scripts.
• Possess the ability and flexibility to work 24X7 schedule and/or on-call environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take ownership, and the ability to identify and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• Support Field and RF Engineers with parameters changes, clearing alarms, etc.
• Lead issues to resolution, while maintaining professionalism in all communications with both internal and external contacts. This included multitasking and driving issues to resolution.
• Apply SME level troubleshooting skills and ability to mentor junior engineers.
• Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site features and function.
• Responsible for routine or standard technical problems and responds to standard requests from internal and external customers.
• Provide guidance to customers on integration, commissioning, and onsite support during network cut over for new markets. Also assist customer via remote webex support.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferably in engineering (EE, CE, ME, CS, or equivalent technical degree)
• 4 - 8 years of Telecom industry experience required.
• Good knowledge of wireless network architecture concepts especially in RAN domain and Network Routers
• Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems
• Prior experience and/or proven ability to develop, train, and supervise junior Commissioning Engineers.
• Prior experience in commissioning engineering activities required.
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships within the company, vendors and with customer contacts.
• Demonstrated English language competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external communications.
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
• The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving highly diverse conditions requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned things.
• Interact with all levels within the organization and has frequent external contacts.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions: The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be skilled in developing and maintaining good working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company
• Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 75% of work time
• Fr works additional hours beyond normal schedule to support project schedule and timelines
• Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical and include time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and project management stress
• Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids including but not limited to PC’s, printers, hand tools, multi-meters, fiber-meters, RF Test devices; most often associated with field. Ability to travel to customer locations, cell sites, switching facilities as needed
• Under minimal supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored, consequences of decisions may adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Position has complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position
Years: 4 - 8 years of Telecom industry experience required.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferably in engineering (EE, CE, ME, CS, or equivalent technical degree)
Must have: LTE ,5gRAN, Nokia FSM4 (Nokia to Samsung migration) knowledge. Good knowledge of EMS platform. Good trouble shooting, Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems.
Nice to have: Master Degree in EE, field knowledge, RCT tool (commisionning tool) and one vizion (workflow tools).
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA