The System Engineer is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The system administration tasking will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Responsible for deployment and management support of x86 - Windows / Linux
- Proactively maintain and develop all x86 infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Perform Capacity and Performance Management.
- Must be able to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Efficient communication with different groups.
- Follow Change Control based on process guideline (ITIL).
- Perform off-hours maintenance as required and on-call support.
- Develop/detail technical specifications and provide technical direction.
- Bilingual English / Korean REQUIRED.
- 4 years working experience with Windows or Linux required (Red Hat preferred).
- Knowledge of the Linux kernel and kernel modules.
- Experience with Raid Manager Software like AIX LVM.
- In-depth experience with and understanding of virtualization (VMWare, NSX, etc.) and hyper-converged infrastructure
- In-depth experience with Active Directory and related protocols desired (e.g. Kerberos, LDAP, NTP, Samba, etc.)
- Familiarity with open source tools, monitoring systems.
- Experience with Web server administration (Apache).
- Experience configuring HA clusters with Red Hat Enterprise Linux HA Add-on.
- Working exposure to networked storage (SAN, NAS).
- Perform installations/patching of operating system, software installation, and system backups - data recover
- Ability to create scripts to automate tasks (Bash, Python...)
- Hardware troubleshoot (Dell, HP) tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance (firmware/security updates)
- Working in structured change management processes, ability to follow internal rules and regulations
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders, and work in enclosed spaces.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred