***Must have RAN product testing in customer lab or vendor labs. Must have LTE knowledge. Travel may be require but very minimal.
4G/5G Systems Test/Tier3 Engineer
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture offers both great challenge and great reward.
We are looking for a 4G 5G LTE Call Processing Systems Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce our products to Wireless Carrier.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for system validation, verification and technical support of the 5G/4G LTE RAN network with emphasis on the RAN CP and OAM Features.
- Candidate will be responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, developing test strategy for features and functionalities, converting customer requirements into test plans and detailed test procedures.
- Debugs issues and assist in determination of resolution to issues discovered during testing. Provide input for improvements in lab functionality, test automation, training, and lab maintenance procedures.
- Analyze and recommend test equipment, test methods to validate essential requirements, and interface proactively and effectively and with customers as related to testing activities.
- Candidate will work closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams and HQ to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
- Key contributor in driving the product functionality and quality to the customer
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
Background & Competencies Required:
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of wireless knowledge/experience
- Need an understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Must be able to write, read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and procedures utilizing mathematics language, non-linear communications, vectors, complex numbers and logarithms as reference.
- Working knowledge and experience using RF test equipment
- Thorough understanding of SW development cycle
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Experience with protocol analyzers, test tools such as XCAL, QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators is beneficial
- Must have: understanding of 3GPP systems - Core and RAN networks
- Must have: 4G/5G LTE Call Processing and in-depth knowledge of RRC, S1-MME, S1-U and X2 protocols
- Good to have: understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies, etc.
- Must have: experience with product testing, development of Test Plan and Test Cases
- Must have: ability to support market issues to meet commercial SLAs.
- Must have: hands on experience with mobility management & mobile broadband Radios.
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations.
The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations.
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives.
The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents.
Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience.
Ability to work with a cross-functional team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements.
Assist in and if needed direct the team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment.
Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity.
The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds.
Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines.
Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area.
May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.