As part of the Network Maintenance Center team, will be responsible for Supporting RAN equipment. Work and assist other Engineering teams with remote maintenance of LTE RAN equipment and Servers.
Perform all pre-work for the night team to help make sure they are able to complete all activities within a Maintenance Window. This will also include a handoff and preparing the night team to perform the scheduled activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute and/or support Verizon self-perform on 4G/5G SW/FW upgrades, patch/hot fixes on commercial Network Elements such as eNBs, gNBs, EMS systems. Also perform parameter changes based on market or site performance.
• Knowledgeable on 4G, or 5G 3GPP technologies
• Be able to work in System Integration lab, and commercial networks for reproducing, troubleshooting and investigating any issues
• Must be able to drive for resolutions with other Engineering team on an unresolved issue
• Experience with wireless network architecture and protocols
• Be able to review various Engineering MOPs and identify missing steps or issues if any
• Be able to proactively perform data audit, SW/FW audit, and health check of the servers and sites if needed
• Must Have basic Linux skills for moving and editing files
• Past server SW/FW upgrade experience is a plus
• Support trials (e.g., Field Integration Test (FIT) or First Office Application (FOA)) for new features or technology before market-wide deployment
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take ownership, and the ability to identify and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Strong customer support skills, as well as data analysis of logs
• Be able to train provide guidance and support to other team members on, processes, tools and new projects
Education, Work experience and necessary Skills & Attributes:
• BS EE or CS required - with at least 5 years of telecom work experience
• Good knowledge of wireless network architecture concepts especially in RAN domain
• Very Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems to be able to perform activities at the CLI level
• Ability to develop scripts and tools to aide with the reports generation and analysis will be a plus
• Good customer support experience
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within the company and with external contacts
• Good analytical skills to investigate and evaluate trending data for issue resolution
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft excel
Physical and Mental Demands:
• Must be able to work under pressure and willing to work on the ad-hoc schedule and/or on-call environment.
• Work generally is performed in an office and/or lab environment – may need to travel 0 to 10%
• Operate PC and product test equipment more than 75% of work time.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA