The main function of a logistics specialist is to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. A typical logistics specialist is responsible for reviewing and distributing production, work and shipment schedules and compiling reports on inventory levels, cost, etc.
1. [Logistics cost management] Supports managing logistics freight rates for all shipping and warehousing vendors and insurers, and analyze whether logistics costs is paid according to the freight contracts.
2. [Insurance and claim management] Supports checking insurance policy on tasks related to logistics process when change occurs, managing and notifying it to the insurer if the change is required, and researching whether it is reflected in the distribution cost.
3. [Warehouse and transportation security] Supports to check the security level of warehouse, shipping vendors and etc. to minimize risks such as theft, loss, etc.
4. [Solving logistics operational issues] Assists identifying the cause and the optimal solution for issues that arise during the logistics operations.
- Has substantial understanding on the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Normally receives little instruction on everyday work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze costs related to manufacturing, labor and materials.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to shipping and production.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College Degree Preferred
- 2-4 years related experience required.
- Advanced Excel skills ---> PLEASE SUBMIT EXCEL SKILL TEST RESULTS W/ RESUME
- Great understanding of Inventory and Order Management process flows
- Logistics & Warehouse b/g and knowledge of its processes and what they do w/ experience in WMS (Warehouse Management System)
- Ability to deal and manage customer relationships; customer-service oriented mindset & personality
- Ability to coordinate tasks & manage their own time without constant supervision
- Analytical b/g - will be dealing w/ a lot of data. Ability to take a step further in identifying issues and providing resolutions