Job Description: Retail Channel Operations Manager
Our mission in Retail Operations is to make things easier for our in store teams so they can invest more time with the consumers that experience mobile products every year. As a Leader of Retail Channel Operations you will own the operational strategies, processes, and tools that enable our teams to deliver premium consumer experiences at scale, across all retail formats around the country.
You will collaborate with all Retail Account Channels, Marketing, Design, Merchandising, Technology, Service, Finance, HR, Field, and Strategy teams at both Global and North American levels to bring operational execution and services to life in our stores that elevate the Consumer Experience.
As the Channel Operations Manager, you will be the operational voice of our accounts internally. Collaboration, strategic/operational brief development, communication, planning, attention to detail, and process will be vital pieces of the job.
You will partner closely with the carrier cross functional teams to ensure tools and resources function correctly. In addition, you will be instrumental in the annual business planning processes, influencing operational-strategy roadmaps and process improvement planning in support of current and long-term business plans.
You will work directly with corporate retail account teams both locally and nationally to help set the operational process and measure the overall execution of our success.
You will partner in the creation of operational materials that drive continuous improvement and establish key benchmarks and performance measures to assess operational effectiveness with key accounts.
You should exhibit a proven ability to convey complex ideas in simple, effective ways that influence, inform and educate audiences at all levels in the organization.
You will interact with Executive Leadership across globally and within cross functional areas, to help move our retail experience forward. This will include being a fierce advocate for the team, driving repeatability, stability, and intuitiveness into everything we do, so that they can focus on serving consumers instead of trying to use inefficient tools/processes. Additionally, you will be required to explain complicated, detailed, and quickly changing facts to our retail leadership team in a succinct, easy to understand manner.
- degree plus an additional 7 years of relevant retail experience required
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple accounts and operations
- Strength in working cross functionally, harnessing a collaborative team environment and being able to lead project work within a large dynamic team and drive end to end planning
- Adaptability to move at the pace of consumer and work in a constantly evolving environment, making decisive decisions when needed
- Experience in developing process and creating measurements
- Understanding of Retail development and store systems/equipment highly desired
- Proficiency in Power Point, Word, and Excel
- written and communications skills, time management, and organization skill
- Ability to drive and improve business cadence (planning, budgeting, business reviews), setting and improving processes, monitoring execution and driving accountability and visibility of progress against goals and objectives
- Assess and provide insights on operational market opportunities for various channels, geographies and service levels to boost sales performance including informing go-to-market strategies, improvements to our account/internal team’s capabilities and performance, and product enhancements
- Ability to travel approximately 15-25% of the time
- 7 years of retail experience w/ project management skills; must be able to take a project plan and develop operational processes – to drive and improve business
- Proficiency in Power Point, Word, and Excel; Reporting is a huge part of their day to day tasks
- Very well articulated, able to communicate professionally with all levels of the organization (at the VP level). Must be able to speak to their work during meetings and presentations
- Self-driven, proactive, multi-functional, w/ ability to create processes/operations to drive efficiency
- Experience in Telecom industry or Mobile is HIGHLY PREFFERED; but if candidates do not come from this b/g they must be tech-savvy (THIS IS A MUST-HAVE) and we do not want candidates from unrelated specific industries such as Fashion, Clothing, Pharmaceutical, etc.