(Location: Ridgefield Park, NJ, Dallas, TX or Chantilly, VA)
-Okay with either locations
-A plus if they have Wireless and/or Telecommunications network deployment experience required, including site acquisition, construction, commissioning and integration, optimization and operations but not required.
A plus if they have Wireless and/or Telecommunications network deployment experience required, including site acquisition, construction, commissioning and integration, optimization and operations but not required.
3 Key job skills:
1. Wireless Telecom strategic sourcing with contract (MSA/MPAs, SOWs,..) fluency and vendor negotiation experience.
2. Wireless and/or Telecommunications network deployment experience required, including site acquisition, construction, commissioning and integration, optimization and operations.
3. Preparation, management, and results analysis of pricing exercises/RFPs
4. Interpersonal skills specifically related to successfully interfacing with internal (Legal, Finance, Technology, Customer Account teams, senior management) and external customers (customers, vendors)
The main function of a Vendor/Contracts Administrator is to administer activities related to contracts for purchase or sale of equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. A typical Vendor/Contracts Administrator is responsible for negotiating contracts with an SEA customer or vendor.
• Management of vendor contracts including but not limited to: initial creation, internal/external negotiation, risk assessment, and new contract revisions.
• Work directly with SEA Legal to address potential risks and legal issues and with business owners to address business issues; manage and/or support internal approval process.
• Provide expertise, analysis, and guidance to internal teams within active projects.
• Initiate and manage vendor scorecard performance evaluations.
• Perform and manage vendor compliance audits.
• Participation with the creation, release, and award strategy associated with vendor RFP’s supporting Tier 1 carrier services.
• Perform complex client invoice analysis to identify errors, discrepancies and opportunities for cost savings/cost avoidance for network/telecommunication services compared to clients’ tracking systems, order documentation and carrier agreement documentation.
• Research and evaluate performance requirements of suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors.
• Review bids from suppliers for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
• Provides bids, process specifications, test and progress reports, and other exhibits as necessary.
• Creates and negotiates amendments to or extensions of contracts.
• Advises relevant departments of contractual rights and obligations.
• Must possess initiative, think strategically and work in a team environment to implement action plans and achieve goals.
• Demonstrated understanding of legal, financial and operational processes that meet company objective.
• Experience in developing and managing the execution of policies and procedures.
• Proficient in MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to analyze financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
• Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
• Knowledge of supply chain management.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, finance or a related business field required.
• 10+ years of related experience required.
Prior experience in vendor contract negotiations, contract management and/or contract auditing required.
• Wireless and/or Telecommunications experience preferred.
• Prior management experience required.
• Prior senior leadership experience required.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA