General Job Description:
Provides Lead Project Management and group coordination for Engineering Services team supporting all deployment activities in a region for the Verizon program. Position will assure that all project services provided by ES are scheduled and performing according to schedule in alignment with the overall deployment and upgrade program. Position will monitor progress in their regions and coordinate all of the ES activities in the region to maintain the deployment schedule and assure highest quality execution of the services. Manage and assure that deployment and migration flows are followed and to collect, manage, and report the migration and deployment performance metrics. Work with the National PM coordinator to provide overall view and reporting on the Verizon Program. Assure that all team members of ES are prepared and have adequate, tools, training, and documentations. Reporting to with continued coordination and communication across the Deployment, CAT PM, ES PMO, TS Product, TS PMO, Operations, Performance, and RF teams.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Develop and Administer the migration and deployment flows for the SNAP program
• Develop Dashboard reporting to provide instant visibility as to the migration and deployment status.
• Monitor, report, and continuously improve the quality and velocity of the SNAP migration and deployment program with respect to ES services delivered in the region.
• Assure that all ES functions in the region are properly staffed, supplied with necessary tools, trained, prepared, and have ample access to all resources necessary to provide the highest quality service delivery.
• Prepare and deliver progress reports on the SNAP migration and deployment program in the region with regards to Engineering Services
• Administer regular status meetings leading the calls with ES members supporting the region addressing status and tracking actions
• Provide POC to customer for all regional issues relating to ES services provided in support of the SNAP deployment and migration program.
• Work with internal groups such as supply chain, engineering teams, Product teams, and vendor management to facilitate operational issues.
• Takes the lead in program Q/A with customer for ES services supporting migration and deployment processes ( including 4G & 5G support)
• Develop relationships at multiple levels across Samsung Networks including customer account teams, by attending appropriate conference calls, meetings, customer presentations and project reviews.
• Work closely with National and other Regional members to assure smooth flow of deployment and migration process
• Bachelor's Degree with 8-10 years of program management experience
• Knowledge in the RAN, Core, and/or Backhaul areas
• Experience with Network Deployments and Migrations
• Experience in Commercial Wireless Networks Operations is strongly desired
• Strong technical background in two or more of the following: 3G, 4G or 5G RAN Networks
• Experience with measuring process performance and adherence including KPI reporting, trend analysis, and methods of improvement
• The ideal candidate will be a proactive and detail-oriented and process-minded leader, who is comfortable developing staffing, training, and operational plans
• This position requires excellent communication skills as well as presentation and reporting skills.
• Creative problem solving abilities and superb communication skills, both written and verbal are necessary for the successful candidate
• Self-directed individual with ability to manage other resources in a matrix environment across Engineering, Deployment, Support Organizations and Customer organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to build, organize and manage a cohesive TAC team
o Recognize and promote team strengths
o Prioritize multiple simultaneous projects to align with customer schedules and priorities
o Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames
o The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others
• Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customer’s organizations
o Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations
o Convey professional technical information via formal written documents, presentations, email, or reports to an audience of technically skilled, management and/or operational audiences
• Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements
• Ability to adapt in a quickly changing environment and work under stress during incident management
• Ability to prioritize tasks and make necessary adjustments on a daily basis
• Maintain, develop and improve reporting capabilities in the TAC; makes regular reports to management on compliance with SLA objectives, current events and trends
• Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
• Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control, short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
• Typically accountable for providing sufficient information for higher autonomy to make recommendations on budget and policies and for medium-term planning.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions
• Work is generally performed in an office environment
o Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PC’s, printers, and office work areas
o Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 25% of work time, including prolonged periods of time
o The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds
• Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical and including: time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress
o Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule
o Performs tasks with minimal direct supervision with a high level of visibility and responsibility to the overall success of the migration team
• Willing to work flexible hours, sometimes including nights or weekends
• Travel of up to 10% may be required to other customer locations or Samsung Networks sites as required to discuss business strategies
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA