Responsible for testing, troubleshooting of defect and tracking wireless products’ HW performances. environment is fast paced so ability to prioritize, be flexible and react quickly is a must. This position will perform field testing and reporting for the new wireless product, test and report new features and technologies in live network..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
Background/Experience to qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
- Responsible for testing and reporting mobile phone test in live network, such as call, data and audio performances.
- Must have capability to captures various system logs and support R&D to debug HW related problem,
- Able to demonstrate technical leadership to client, R&D, 3rd party lab, contractors and teammates.
- Identify gaps in test scope coverage, define new performance tests or replace existing ones.
- Work with cross-functional teams and clients to drive, keep track of HW performance issues (QC defects) and provide feedback to R&D to improve quality of products from HW side.
- Ability to arrange and lead HW related defect meeting to achieve HW TA and annual performance workshop with Carrier/Clients.
Necessary Skills/Attributes for this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- A Bachelor Degree in engineering (Electrical and computer engineer preferred) or related four-year college or university.
- 0-5 years’ relevant industry experience with HW back ground is required.
- Expertise in capturing and basic log analysis by using QXDM, QCAT and N-Next tools is preferable.
- Expertise to do PCB and HW components level troubleshooting and soldering of wireless device is plus.
- RF testing (field and lab testing) experience on Handset, Tablet, wearable and IOT products.
- With nominal support able to validate design, performance of high and low band cellular antenna by conducting poor network coverage area, RIF and call performance testing.
- capable to verify current consumption level of cellular device and other wireless equipment by performing battery life testing on them by using external power source and simulator.
- Outstanding Communication Skills Required, Both Written & Verbal.
- Must be a team player.
- Detail oriented - taking data, using Excel, and making meaningful tables/graphs/averages.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are important to client and help to improve performance of wireless devices.
- Comfort and ability to use all types of electronic lab test equipment is plus