We are looking for a 4G/5G Call Processing RAN SME to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on 4G/5G Call processing related features and air interface technologies.
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting then into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team for all product features.
- Responsible for leading all technical discussions on products/scheduler related features with several customer vertical organization including 4G/5G RAN Development groups and RAN performance groups.
- Author technical proposals, Technical research and white papers, design documents, Operator network design, RFI/RFP, and Patent filings.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and third party product evaluation to build product synergies.
- Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the sales team and carriers’ network business
- Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross-functional teams to achieve successful new product rollouts and developments.
- Accountable for leading field integration testing efforts (FFA/FIT/FSA) of all 4G/5G key features with customers, including test plan development, reviewing test plan with customers, driving cross-functional teams to execution, review of test results, issue identification, analysis and quality proofing until software acceptance is achieved.
- Responsible for Tier3 support, analyzing and troubleshooting scheduler related issues reported from customer labs, field sites and production network.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve LTE RAN network performance by evaluating and trending key KPIs, performing trials and providing optimization guidelines.
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 8-10 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8+ years of experience is preferred
- Must have 4G/5G Call Processing experience with In depth knowledge of RRC, S1-MME, S1-U and X2 protocols and understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc .
- Experienced and fluent with 3GPP RAN product architecture, design, implementation and performance improvements (KPIs). Good understanding of scheduler functionality is beneficial.
- Strong Programming skills in C desired, experience with memory optimizations, multi-Core programming, assembly language debugging preferred.
- Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Thorough understanding of 3GPP specification for LTE/LTE-A/5G features and Protocols, experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
- Working knowledge of various RF antenna technologies & network optimizations.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining one’s personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others. Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. Make professional technical sales presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements. Develop accurate proposals and designs to meet customer needs.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.