The HA Manager Merchandising & Display is responsible for managing retail display and point-of-purchase (POP) materials from concept to production, for channel partners such as Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy, Clubs and Regionals. The main focus will be coordination between HA stakeholders, agency partners and other members of Retail Ops team to deliver approved production-ready designs.
This position supports the Home Appliance (HA) categories (Laundry, Refrigeration, Cooking, Dishwasher) and reports to the Senior Director of In-Store Merchandising.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Process display requests from Demand Generation and establish project timelines and milestones
- Action Design Briefs for agency partners and manage the design development and approval process with Demand Generation, and deliver production-ready designs, engineering or final artwork drawings
- Manage hand-off process between Demand Generation and Retail Ops, and execution timelines and deliverables after delivery from fabricators and / or printers
- Manage the RFP/BQMS bid process for design, fabrication / printing and installation / execution agencies
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Sales, Product Marketing and Demand Generation as follows
- Manage and communicate project timelines and process
- Gather and feed necessary information related to product, brand and channel requirements into the design development process
- Report and communicate back to various stakeholder groups project status and highlight gaps and opportunities
Business Acumen and Impact
- Understand retail and competitive environment for Home Appliances
- Understand display fixture and merchandising development processes
- Strong project management skills – able to break down and organize projects on realistic timelines and manage multiple deliverables
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Action-oriented personality
Vendor / Team Management
- Manage vendor to ensure clear goals and timely execution
- Align with retail team members on retail field execution priorities and plans
Communications & Collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within work group, across other company functions and with external organizations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, product management, sales, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in retail, marketing, trade marketing, product management, sales or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in retail, visual merchandising, marketing, trade or field marketing, product management, sales or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in Home Appliances products and / or Home Appliances retail channels
- 6 Sigma, Prince, or other project management certification
Top 3 Skills : a) - Project Management/ organization, b) Excellent Communication and Negotiation skills, c) Problem solving skills - need to be able to think on your feet - Project management for HA display projects, working closely with Retail Operations and Demand gen.
- Must be great w/ Excel.
- Retail experience/background in Consumer Electronics b/g is highly preferred.
- Need someone with more of a marketing background - preferably point of sale materials but also print, digital, related activities.