***Please ensure the following questions below are answered and attached with resume, DISQUALIFY if this is not attached with resume.
• Do you understand software development life cycle?
• Have you been engaged with any 4G/5G feature design and/or implementation?
• Have you been responsible for feature testing or optimization? If so, name a few.
• Which layer is your area of strength? Are you more involved with PHY/MAC/RLC or call processing?
• Do you interact with customers? With which cross functional customer organizations do you typically interact with?
• Can you devise a test plan for a feature/product and drive it to execution? Provide an example.
• Have you been engaged with new product introductions or new software features rollouts?
• Do you have any hands on experience to identify any product or feature related issues?
• Any troubleshooting or debugging experiences?
• With whom do you work for issue resolution? Provide examples.
Macro RAN SME - Engineering Services
Location: Plano, TX
Role and Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Responsible for leading field integration testing efforts of all 4G/5G key features with customers including test plan development, reviewing test plans with customers, driving cross-functional teams to execution, review of test results, issue identification, analysis, and troubleshooting. Resolve issues and bugs with R&D and improve SW quality until final software acceptance is achieved.
- Responsible for handling deep technical discussion with team members and customers.
- Responsible for hands on analysis and troubleshooting of network performance issues (i.e. air interface, L2/L3 signaling and call processing, etc.) and creating solutions to meet network performance expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate key technical concepts, ability to package complex ideas into logical, easy-to-follow progressions
- Adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment, support management initiatives, and guide other engineers
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and results.
- Present ideas, technical and non-technical, in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally in both small and large group settings
- Work with the Network Engineering and Operations Teams on the cell site’s antenna and RF equipment configuration and database parameters
- Must be knowledgeable about SW development tools
- Communicate RAN SME team budget, milestones and deliverables to project management and implement plans to accomplish the milestones within budget, as required
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Master’s Degree or Ph. D. Degree a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Engineering: 5+ years for LTE and 5G
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or network operator is desired.
- Successful track record defining direction and providing specific instruction for engineering projects/programs leveraging personal knowledge and organizational skills to increase team efficiency, facilitate personal development and mentor colleagues.
- Solid understanding of RF fundamentals, all technical problems in the LTE and 5G NR air interfaces, and data network protocols.
- Strong technical knowledge of LTE/VoLTE and 5G technologies including NAS signaling and PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP/RRC layers of the LTE and 5G NR protocol stacks.
- Must have hands on experience with UE and eNB log analysis tools; XCAP experience is a plus.
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment
- Must have an aptitude for creativity and innovation
- Advanced working knowledge of Base Station Vendor equipment ( Alcatel Lucent, Ericsson)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual in Korean is a PLUS
The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be skilled in developing and maintaining good working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 75% of work time in an office work environment
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical and include time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and project management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, etc. most often associated with office work area equipment
- Travel to customer locations, trade shows, etc. approximately 20% of time
- Under minimal supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored, consequences of decisions may adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Position has complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position