Top 3 Must Haves:
1. Protocol knowledge (5G/LTE/WCDMA/CDMA, IMS/VOLTE & all Call flows) 2.
Field testing knowledge (Logging, debugging, test case creation, etc..) 3.
Requirement & Telecom Standards understanding (able to understand & relate
test conditions w.r.t carrier requirements/3GPP standards)
Best vs Average:
1. 5G is strongly preferred. LTE and 4G is okay if not.
2. Logging, debugging, test case writing 3. Understand carrier requirements
(AT&T, Verizon, etc.)
Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Telecommunicaitons, of
The main function of a software QA engineer is to research and test the
design, functionality and maintenance of software, systems and processes and
develop quality standards
- Responsible for the verification and validation of pre-defined test procedures under live networks in a mobile or stationary GSM, CDMA, LTE and 5G environment.
- Coordinate and execute various testing activities in order to verify and defects within Android software: functional testing, interoperability testing, performance testing,current/battery consumption testing, black-box testing, field testing,usability testing, spec-verification testing, issue reproductions, and/or etc.
- Includes executing field test in a mobile or stationary LTE and CDMA and/or GSM environments.
- Creates, extends, and executes automated test plans to verify Wireless Mobile operation.
- Use of logging tools and analyzing issue from logs, call failure and call drop analysis.
- Prepare test results data and writes required engineering reports to ensure products compliance with requirements and test plans.
- Report defects found during testing on the test management system and track defect status periodically.
- Analyze carrier requirement documents/3GPP specifications, develop test cases and create drive routes.
- Communicate effectively with other team members, developers in US and located around the globe.
- Assist seniors in preparation of weekly progress reports, performing work audit and device inventory tracking.
- Individual contributor representing the most common entry point for this career level.
- This role will contribute to the product development team.
- CDMA/GSM/LTE (5G is a bonus)
- System level knowledge of latest wireless technologies (MIMO, CA, ePDG, VoLTE, TCP/IP, E911, E2E call flows)
- Qualcomm/MDM Chipset Architecture
- 3GPP/3GPP2 Standards
- Mobile Device Development Lifecycle knowledge
- Prior experience in operating various testing tools and familiarity with testing procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make changes as needed to resolve issues
- Availability to work overtime during weekdays, weekends and domestic/local travel is required
- Work under minimum supervision and tight business deadlines.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required.
- 2-5 years' directly related experience required