*OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design, development, and support in wireless networks. (min, of 4-5 years of experience)
*NMS/EMS --> Network/ Element Management System. (min, of 4-5 years of experience)
*Virtualization specifically NFV- Network Function Virtualization. (min. of 1 year experience)
RAN Virtualization & OAMP System Engineer - M&S AT&T CBRS
We are looking for a RAN Virtualization Systems engineer/OAMP Systems Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on OAMP, FCAPS technologies and protocols, Openstack/VM and virtualization platforms
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and field test plans.
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from customer labs and production.
- Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE/CS in engineering with 4-6 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 4+ years’ experience is preferred
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks, architecture and protocols
- Experience with OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and development in wireless networks
- Experience with SNMP and TNM protocols and NMS/OSS interfaces.
- Must: Exposure to High Availability and redundancy systems
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with C/C++/Java development, Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell, etc.
- Hands on experience in managing VMware production environment comprising of 100+ hosts
- Detailed understanding in managing Openstack/Kubernetes environments
- Detailed understanding in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs
- Hands on experience in managing VMware vCenter or RedHat Director or TripleO environments.
- Detailed understanding in managing HA environments in the cloud within and across telecom data centers. (ie: experience with NEC HA Cluster)
- Experience in performance measurement & tuning of VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
- Detailed understanding in taking snapshots, backup and recovery of Virtual machines
- Detailed understanding in configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI
- Deep dive troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
- Document best practices in developing and deploying Openstack/Kubernetes solutions
- Experience in understanding customer requirement and work on plan / design /deploy / manage the infrastructure
- Good exposure towards public (AWS, Azure) and private / on-prime cloud installation and configuration
- Detailed understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models & Restful API’s.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
- Experience in Automation & Orchestration frameworks. (ie: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
- Working experience with vendors like Cisco, HP etc., with broad knowledge and understanding of various hardware technologies (Blades, UCS etc..)
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining one’s personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others. Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. Make professional technical sales presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements. Develop accurate proposals and designs to meet customer needs.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.