*OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design, development, and support in wireless networks. (min, of 4-5 years of experience)
*NMS/EMS --> Network/ Element Management System. (min, of 4-5 years of experience)
*Virtualization specifically NFV- Network Function Virtualization. (min. of 1 year experience)
RAN Virtualization & OAMP/OSS Systems Engineer - Mid Level - Verizon 4G
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map.
We are looking for a RAN Virtualization & OAMP Systems Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include:
• OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and development in wireless networks.
• Tier3 SME experience – Work under pressure to drive support teams to troubleshoot commercial NMS/EMS application issues, propose workarounds, and work with R&D to provide the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to the customer.
• Assist SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) with development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, Work with the team to conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new technology introduction of 4G/5G RAN Network Management features and introduction of virtualized networks
• Assist SMEs with analysis of the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
• Assist SMEs Technical Management of new products and SW releases to ensure that promised features are delivered with expected performance
• Provides technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
• Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the sales team and carriers’ network business.
• Works closely with various support organizations and cross- functional teams from SEA and R&D to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
• Key contributor in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Background & Competencies Required:
• Minimum 4-5 years EMS/NMS, OAMP & OSS knowledge/experience.
• Minimum 1 year of Virtualization experience (NFV).
• Bachelor’s degree in EE/CS/TE is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Must have experience with OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and development in wireless networks.
• Must have experience authoring and implementing EMS/NMS/NE SW upgrade MOPs in commercial networks.
• Must have Tier3 SME experience – Work under pressure to drive support teams to troubleshoot commercial NMS/EMS application issues, propose workarounds, work with R&D to provide the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to the customer.
• Understanding of Automation & Orchestration frameworks is preferred (knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP).
• Must have understanding of EMS applications, TR-069, Netconf protocol, YANG models & Restful APIs.
• Fundamental understanding of Openstack/Kubernetes is preferred.
• Understanding of virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, VirtIO), Security Groups, VLANs and in configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI is preferred.
• Experience in performance measurement & tuning of VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines is preferred.
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks, architecture and protocols is preferred.
• Understanding of Hardware and Software architecture is a must.
• Must have hands-on experience with High Availability and redundancy systems
• Experience on system engineering projects to include technical requirements identification, technical solutions to address customer requirements with details to design /deploy / manage their infrastructure
• Deep dive troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
• Need experience with SNMP and TNM protocols and NMS/OSS interfaces.
• Must have experience with Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell.
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to work with a cross-functional team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA