Provide assistance to NOC (Network Operations Center).
- Assist the Network Deployment team in the integration of new LTE & 5G sites and migration of legacy sites of the RAN equipment into the existing network.
- Generate periodic reports on equipment deployed to determine performance and relate the same to other teams within the organization.
- Provision/Commission LTE & 5G RAN equipment with parameters provided by RF Engineering.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues between the core and cell-site routers and their configuration.
- Support the Tier II NOC by answering questions on the Samsung equipment, assisting during trouble shooting, and identifying root cause.
- Manage post migration issues including issue resolution and rescheduling the event.
- Manage escalations from the NOC / NTAC to the Samsung technical assistance and higher level support centers.
- Additional responsibilities would require running reports, tracking escalations and other key performance indicators.
- Develop automation test scripts based on the carrier requirements.
- Analyze carrier requirements and develop test scripts based on these carrier requirements.
- Execute the test scripts developed by them and ensure compliance of test cases with the carrier requirements.
Provide assistance to TAC (Technical Assistance Center).
- Review technical training materials.
- Research and review new technologies and services
- Ability to assist in the design and create telecommunications systems
- Assist in development, revisions and execution of: scripts, MOPs and ECNs
- Attend in-house training given by TAC training personnel.
Common Essential Duties and Responsibilities for NOC & TAC Telecom Engineers:
Perform knowledge sharing with all team members to enhance training.
- Providing technical assistance and knowledge to other engineers.
- In-depth analysis and troubleshooting of issues including escalation to senior engineers as required.
- Conduct knowledge sharing with team members during staff meetings.
Provide training and assistance to customers regarding customer’s telecommunications equipment.
- Working with customers on a day-to-day basis to resolve customer network issues.
- Provide technical support to client and its customers over phone and email.
- Responsible for updating Remedy ticketing systems.
- Assist in physical installations issues on site and remotely.
- Generate customer specific reports to assist in providing network stability.
- Manage Sev1 & Sev2 issues for all carriers.
- Manage all tasks described in Sev1 & Sev2 processes.
- Assist in determining customer network issues; proactively identifying issues and updating team leads, management and engineering teams.
Foster, supportive and respectful environment for all internal team members and external customers
- Promote open line of communication within the organization.
- Demonstrate Flexibility in performing other tasks and duties required by the customer and management, and ability to support the workload with schedule changes.
- Ability to handle situations on his/her own with little or no supervision.
- Ability to make decisions based on employer, client, and customer priorities
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (EE, CE, ME, CS) with 5+ years of experience or equivalent work experience required.
- Prior experience in commissioning engineering activities a plus.
- Very familiar with the Wireless Network and Mobile Interworking (Core, BSC, RAN or IP).
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Provide continuous support to customers 7X24.
- Report to work at prescribed shift change.
- Taking ownership of activities during the shift.
- Work generally is performed in an office or lab environment.
- Operate PC and product test equipment more than 75% of work time.